Kentucky Termite and Pest Control offers bed bug removal services in New Albany, Louisville, Jeffersonville, and surrounding areas! When it comes to bed bug removal you don't want just anyone coming in to your home or business because bed bugs can be a very tricky pest control problem to treat. You want to ensure that you hire the best to ensure your bed bug problem is handle right the first time! Call us today to learn more about our bed bug removal process, (502) 448-8040!
• Bed bugs are found worldwide and are thought to have come to the U.S. from Europe in the 17th century.
• Bed bugs primarily feed on humans, but they can also feed on warm-blooded animals including birds, mice, and family pets.
• Adults are just ¼” long, relatively flat and oval in shape compared to most other insects.
• Bed bugs can lay on in five eggs per day and more than 500 in a lifetime.
• Bed bugs can survive for several months without eating.
• Bed bugs can withstand a wide range of temperatures, from nearly freezing to 122 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Bed bugs draw blood for about five minutes before retreating to digest.
• Bed bugs hatchlings are so small they can pass through a stitch-hole in a mattress.
• Bed bugs can ingest seven-times their own weight in blood, which would be the equivalent of an average-sized male drinking 120 gallons of liquid.
There are several steps you can take to help prevent bed bugs in your everyday life. Regular bed bug inspections are the best line of defense to help you avoid a bed bug infestation. Here are some other prevention tips to keep in mind:
• Regularly inspect areas where pets sleep for signs of bed bugs such as pepper-like stains, molted bed bug skins and white, sticky eggs.
• Never bring second-hand furniture, especially mattresses and box springs, into a home or college form without thoroughly examining it for signs of bed bug infestation.
• At hotels, thoroughly inspect the entire room before unpacking, including behind the headboard and in furniture. Pull back the bed sheets and check the mattress seam for pepper-like stains that may be evidence of bed bug activity.
• If you suspect an infestation or problem, notify management and change rooms immediately. Be sure the new room is not adjacent to or directly below or above the possibly infested room.
• Keep suitcases in plastic trash bags or protective covers during a hotel stay to prevent bed bugs from nesting there. Do not put them on the beds.
• Upon returning home from a trip, inspect all suitcases and other belongings before bringing them into the house.
• Wash all clothes- even those that have not been worn- in hot water and dry them using an extra hot dryer setting.
We have been using Kentucky Pest Control for 26 years, and have always had excellent service! Tom is the individual who has come to spray out house for at least 14 years or more, and he is just wonderful! You could not get a better pest control service!
I have contracted with a few pest control companies in the past. KY Termite and Pest Control is by far the most professional and efficient in meeting our needs. I would recommend them for home or business needs.
I've been using KY Termite and Pest Control for several years. I think it started with an Angie's List special, but it has exceeded my expectations at every turn. I had a bad mouse problem, which has been fixed completely! Now, we're working on a wasp problem-which I am confident will be handled with all dispatch.
My guy, Matt, is tremendous at his job!! The service is worth every penny!